Thursday, July 08, 2010

Our biggest challenge yet


Tomorrow is the day that they are going to try and get Raphaela off the ecmo machine. Tomorrow is the day she needs to show us how brave and strong she is and fight for her life. Tomorrow is the day that I will be crying. Whether they are tears of joy or tears of sadness and devastation I do not know.

If Raffy doesn't come off ecmo, they will leave her on it and try again in the following 24 - 48 hours. If she manages to come off, the following hours will be extremely critical. If she has another cardiac arrest before her second operation is due, they will be letting her go and we will have to say goodbye to our gorgeous girl.

Enough said!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. There are no words. But, I will be thinking and praying for the beautiful Raphaela and your family in the coming days - that you all find the strength to fight the upcoming battles x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think the bravery & strength of Raffy & her Mum are beyond question, you're both amazing. Thinking of all your family tomorrow.
    Love Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaylene, as I sit here in tears for you please know that I am sending your whole family much love and strength. Your beautiful little Raffy is in my thoughts all the time, such a brave strong little princess! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I knew what to write or say, but there are only tears. May Raffy fight for her life. What a battle you, Fred and Family have had to endure. I know I havent seen you for so long but I think of you often. You are truly an amazing mum and your blog is an incredible moving story. My love and thoughts to you always xoxo Life is full of questions and sometimes we never know the answer why such special people have to fight so hard to stay in this lifetime....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaylene, thinking of you all the time. You can do it Raffy!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete