Monday, July 05, 2010

Another decision made


Today was just a whirlwind for me and my head is still spinning from it. My day was taken up with meetings with surgeons, doctors, the liason officer and our social worker.

The decision was made for Raffy to go back to surgery tomorrow try and fix her leaky valve, open up another part of her heart with another patch, change the ecmo canula's from her neck back to her chest and finally to try and repair the veins in her neck where they had to put the ecmo in the emergency. What a day my poor girl will have.

They did an ultrasound on her head this afternoon and there is no bleeding which is great and they couldn't see any damage done but she will still have to have a CT scan before they can say for definite. One thing I have found out is that from when she had her arrest to being put back on ecmo, her blood pressure remained quite stable which means that the blood was still circulating around her body which is a very good thing. Raffy is retaining alot of fluid so she is getting that puffy look again. She has been trying to open her eyes for me but it is hard for her to do at the moment.

Tomorrow is going to be a very long day for me. Raffy will be taken off at 8am for the surgery so I am going over at about 7am to spend some time with her beforehand. Hopefully she will be back at about 3pm but you never know what to expect really. I will update as soon as I can to let everyone know how it all went.

Off topic: They have a parents lounge in PICU. It is quite comfortable with lots of lounges, dining table and chairs, miniature kitchen and flat screen tv. Anyhow, it did have a DVD player in there as well but would you believe someone stole it!!!!! I mean seriously, how low is that and what a pathetic person he/she is. I couldn't believe it.

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and the doctors for tomorrow.
    Raffy, be a good girl for Mum and Dad, no more scares, you have to get big and strong, there are 2 more kids at home waiting to play with you!

    Big hugs to you all.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so brave Raffy, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Get better soon Sweetheart so Mummy can give you lots more snuggles.

    Lots of love to you all xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you all tommorrow and in the days ahead xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you all today Gaylene. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete